Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Updated Women Writers List TBR

A couple of years ago, I made a list of female authors that I wanted to either read more from or read for the first time. I made some good progress towards the list, but I thought it was time to revamp and expand that list to motivate myself to read some authors I've been wanting to read for AGES. So here is my new list of fifty three women authors I want to read more from or read for the first time. I'll be keeping track of what I read for this list on my blog tab page titled "Women Writers List" as I was for the other one, and of course, I'll be reviewing the books as well. I wanted to mention that this list could have been much longer, but I left it shorter so that I could add to it as I cross authors off. Let me know if I missed any of your favorites so I can add them to the list! I used my physical TBR, my Goodreads TBR, and this list from Jean's Bookish Thoughts blog to make this list.

 

 

Women I want to read more from
1. Sarah Waters
2. Sylvia Plath
3. Jane Austen
4. Chimanda Ngozi Adiche
5. Margaret Atwood
6. Muriel Spark
7. Shirley Jackson
8. Edith Wharton
9. Charlotte Bronte
10. Virginia Woolf
11. Diane di Prima
12. Maya Angelou
13. Mary Shelley
14. George Elliot
15. Louise Erdrich
16. Agatha Christie 

Women I want to read for the first time
17. Gloria Steinem
18. Zora Neal Hurston
19. Angela Carter 
20. Elena Ferante
21. Donna Tart
22. Mary Wollstonecraft
23. Elizabeth Bowen
24. Dorthy Parker
25. Ali Smith
26. Daphe Du Mauier
27. Toni Morrison
28. Anne Bronte
29. Willa Cather
30. Betty Smith
31. Charlotte Perkins Gilman
32. Anne Sexton
33. Alice Walker
34. Zadie Smith
35. Elizabeth Gaskell
36. Angela Davis
37. Audre Lorde
38. bell hooks
39. Carol Ann Duffy
40. Fanny Burney
41. Mary Beard
42. Louisa May Alcott
43. Sappho
44. Rita Mae Brown
45. Carson McCullers
46. Iris Murdoch
47. Jeanette Winterson
48. Rebecca West
49. Madeleine L'Engle
50. L.M. Montgomery
51. Mary Stewart
52. Patricia Highsmith  

2 comments:

  1. This is a great, thorough list! I've really slacked on reading women authors, especially in recent years. Thanks for putting this together. It's a great reference! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really gotten away from reading classics in general since finishing my degree, and I'm hoping this will give me a boost to get back into them. Glad you found the list helpful!
      Thanks for stopping by Emily!

      Delete