Wednesday, August 30, 2017

School and Life Update (I'm a student teacher)

If you guys have been around for a little while, you will know that I have been in college studying to become a high school English teacher for the entirety of my time on the blog. This has meant that my posting and reading schedule has never been steady, but I have loved my time (for the most part) as a student of education and literature. This week, I start my student teaching assignment, which is sixteen weeks of (unpaid) full-time teaching under a mentor teacher. I'll be working with two teachers and teaching two sections of freshman literature and composition, a section of sophomore literature and composition, and two section of advanced placement English. I'm super excited for this experience, (and a little nervous of course) but I'm not sure what it will mean for the blog and my reading. Of course I would love to continue reading in my time outside of the classroom, but I'm not sure if I will have the time and energy for it; the same goes for blogging. Along with full time teaching, I have other assignments and classes I must attend through my university, so I know my days will be full.

I have a few posts completed already, and will be working before this one goes up to hopefully complete a few more, but just know if I disappear, that's why. After completing my student teaching, I will be able to apply for my teaching license and get hired as a full-time teacher! I'm almost there, and I'm very excited about it!


Hopefully I will be popping in semi-frequently to update you on what I'm reading and loving! 

4 comments:

  1. Best of luck on your student teaching! I know firsthand how hard it is to balance teaching + university classes + blogging. Put yourself and your studies first! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the wish of luck!
      Thanks for stopping by Emily!

      Delete
  2. How exciting! Best of luck with your assignment, Mallory. =)

    ReplyDelete